This is a more advanced course for people who are fairly comfortable with crochet and would like to expand their skills
Dates: 2nd June – 14th July (7 weeks)
Time: 7 – 8pm Tuesdays
Venue: Wyeside Arts Centre, Builth Wells
You will need to bring a 3mm or 3.5mm crochet hook, yarn needle and yarn (dk weight acrylic but you can use a cotton dk if you prefer) but don’t worry if you don’t have any yarn, I will have some available to buy on my website. For the bag pictured I used Stylecraft Special dk.
How much yarn will you need? As mentioned above I used Stylecraft Special dk on my bag and it seemed to use less yarn than the pattern calls for, I used a lot less than a full 100g ball of each colour, there are 7 colours, 3 of which you don’t need a lot of.
I chose to use the following for my bag: walnut, burgundy, duck egg, gold, empire, lipstick and emperor
If you do decide to use cotton here is what the pattern says to use (colours are obviously optional):
100g light blue
100g navy blue
50g dark turquoise
50g rusty red.
On this course you will learn:
- How to crochet with 2 strands of yarn at the same time by working over the strand you are not using, to create patterns
- How to do the above without getting your yarn tangled
- back loop only stitches
- to read a diagram pattern (specifically a Drops yarn pattern)
- increase and decrease stitches as part of pattern making
- how to create a twisted cord
- how to make tassels
NB: Payments are non-refundable once the course has begun.
Contact Vicki Gregory directly for further information or to book your place